Yesterday we talked about setting up a Apache Solr for Drupal 7 site search.
Drupal 7 – Setup Apache Solr for site search
If you want to have more control on the search index with flexible search pages. You can consider the Search API and Search API Apache Solr.
1. First of all, we need to start the Solr server just like what we did in Drupal 7 – Setup Apache Solr for site search. But this time we copy the schema.xml and solrconfig.xml from sites/all/modules/search_api_solr to apache-solr-3.4.0/example/solr/conf.
2. Next, we download the SolrPhpClient r60 or r22 to <drupal>/sites/all/libraries. The hierarchy looks like this
DRUPAL_ROOT/sites/all/libraries/ |- SolrPhpClient |- Apache/ |- ChangeLog ...
3. Go to the apache-solr-3.4.0/example and start the Solr server in background.
- nohup java -jar start.jar &
8. Configure the Data alterations and Processors
- How to setup Search API with Apache Solr
- Drupal Module – Search API
- Drupal Module – Search API Solr search