Recently need to work with Amazon S3 and i want to use the s3cmd command line client.
s3cmd : command line S3 client
But it requires encryption program which i can’t find in my Mac machine. Luckily i found a very detail installation guide.
HOWTO: Build GnuPG on OS X
Here is the brief summary of the installation.
1. Download the source code
- curl -O ftp://ftp.gnupg.org/gcrypt/gnupg/gnupg-1.4.11.tar.gz
2. Extract the archive
- tar zxf gnupg-1.4.11.tar.gz
3. Go to the extracted directory and run the following commands
- make check
- sudo make install
4. The installation is done but i get the following error when i use the gpg command
- gpg: /Users/kit/.gnupg/gpg.conf:233: invalid auto-key-locate list
5. It is resolved after i commented the following line in ~/.gnupg/gpg.conf
- auto-key-locate cert pka ldap hkp://keys.gnupg.net
3 thoughts on “Mac – GnuPG Installation”
thank you my friend. 🙂
You are welcome. =)