Memcached is a distributed memory caching system and it caches data and objects in RAM to reduce the number of times an external data source (such as a database or API) must be read.
Like APC, the installation is simple.
1. Install Memcached.
- apt-get install memcached
2. After the installation, you could start and stop the servers by the following commands.
- /etc/init.d/memcached start
- /etc/init.d/memcached stop
3. Install Memcached PHP module.
- apt-get install php5-memcached
4. Restart PHP-FPM
- /etc/init.d/php5-fpm restart
6. You could configure Memcached @ /etc/php5/conf.d/memcached.ini.