I am going to close the server at my home so i need to move all the stuff to the new server which is a Virtual Private Server (VPS).
The most important stuff is the Subversion repository. Luckily i found a very good post about migrating a SVN repository in just a few steps – How to migrate SVN repository?.
Let’s assume the repository is called eureka and the Subversion group in the server is svn.
1. Dump the SVN repository @ the old server
- svnadmin dump eureka > eureka.svn
2. Upload the dumped file to the new server
3. Create a new SVN repository @ the new server
- svnadmin create eureka
4. Import the dumped file to the new created repository.
- svnadmin load eureka < eureka.svn
5. Modify the files owner and permissions
- chown -R www-data:svn eureka
- chmod -R g+rws eureka
Related post: Apache and SVN Integration
Reference: How to migrate SVN repository?