I was using Drupal Zen theme and found that there was a empty space below the Page Bottom region. To remove that space, try applying the following CSS on the wrapper <div>.
/* Fix the empty space below page bottom */
Reference: zen – Extra Space Below Footer in Drupal 7
Sometimes you may have 2 different modules implementing hook_form_alter() on the same form. In that case, the order of the module execution would follow the alphabetic order of the module name. If you want to alter the execution order, you could either update the system table in database or install the Modules Weight module.
1. Download and install the Modules Weight.
2. Go to admin/config/system/modules-weight to adjust the module weight.
After enabling the Cache blocks option @ admin/config/development/performance, the form inside a custom block throws the following error.
- The form has become outdated. Copy any unsaved work in the form below and then reload this page.
One work around is to disable cache for that specific custom block and this could be done by adding the DRUPAL_NO_CACHE in your hook_block_info().
General Assembly Hong Kong and I will be giving a Drupal Workshop on 14th August 2013 at the Hive. Make your reservation at the GA website.
Drupal is an open source Content Management System (CMS) and in this 2 hours workshop, we will go through the basic concepts on working with Drupal including Content Type, Node, Block, Module and Theme.
This class is a stepping stone for you to get into the Drupal world. Whether you are web developer, an entrepenuer or a project manager, by understanding the Drupal habitat, you will be able to consider whether Drupal is fit for your career, your business or your project.
Hope to see you there~ =)
21st Floor, The Phoenix Building
No.23 Luard Road
I have never tried to build a Drupal application with paid membership. Both Ubercart and Drupal Commerce provide membership subscription feature. This example is a proof of concept on implementing paid membership on Ubercart.
1. Enable the Roles module in Ubercart.
1. Download the Zen theme
2. Clear all cache.
3. Create the subtheme from the Zen starterkit.
- drush zen “<subtheme name>”
Reference: The drush zen command won’t work until cache is flushed
The Views Send module integrated with Drupal Views such that you can select a group of email addresses with the Views filter and then send a batch of emails.
1. Download and enable the Views Send module module.
2. Create a new user view in Table format.
3. Add the User: E-mail as well as the Global: Send e-mail field.
Finally i could use the Go Daddy email account as relay using the SMTP Authentication Support module in Drupal. I can send the testing email but it doesn’t work for those email triggered by the Ubercart module. This is because Ubercart has it own mail system so you have to tweak the setting such that it use the SMTP module to send email. This can be done by the Mail System module.
1. Download and install the Mail System module.
2. Go to the setting page @ admin/config/system/mailsystem.
3. Update the Cart module class, Order module class and Store module class such that they all use the SmtpMailSystem rather than UbercartMailSystem.
Recently i need to setup the SMTP relay on a Drupal website. The client uses Go Daddy as the email service provider so i just setup a new email account for the SMTP authentication.
As from what i found in the Go Daddy Support
The SMTP server URL is
Yesterday we talked about exporting data using the Views data export module.
Drupal 7 – Export view data CSV, XML, XLS by Views data export module
The module also provides a Drush command such that you can run the export command in the server which is convenient for backend integration.
The following command is stated in the project page.
- drush views-data-export [view-name] [display-id] [output-file]