It took me one and an half day to get the Graphite working…
1. Make sure you have pyenv and pyenv-virtualenv installed.
2. Install the following packages.
sudo apt-get install python-dev pkg-config libcairo2-dev memcached
3. Install Python 2.7 with enable-shared.
env PYTHON_CONFIGURE_OPTS="--enable-shared" pyenv install 2.7.8
We have made the HTTP protocol works for our git repository.
We need to made the files writable by Apache otherwise you could never push the commits back to the server.
To setup a new repository, we could flag it as a shared repository during initialization. Then we could change the repository root folder.
git init --bare --shared=group <new-repo>.git
chgrp -R <group> <new-repo>.git
Assume SELinux is disabled on your Git server…
The following setup is on CentOS and assume your Git repositories are all located under /data/repos.
1. Install Git and Apache.
yum install git httpd
2. Create the /etc/httpd/conf.d/git.conf.
# Git over HTTP
SetEnv GIT_PROJECT_ROOT /data/repos
ScriptAlias /git/ /usr/libexec/git-core/git-http-backend/
AuthName "Git Access"
In the past, i usually integrate SVN with Apache such that i could access the SVN repository through the HTTP protocol.
Apache and SVN Integration
I could use TortoiseSVN to checkout the SVN repository with correct username and password. But sometimes, we need to use SVN+SSH to access the SVN repository. Here are the steps using SSH key authentication.
1. Add your private key in pageant.exe.
Long time ago, we talked about using JSONP to tackle to cross domain ajax issue.
jQuery & JSON – Make Cross Domain Request Using jQuery.getJSON() with JSONP
But this requires server side coding. If you are allow to edit the Apache config, you can simply Enable the CORS (Cross-origin resource sharing) in the VirtualHost file as follow.
1. Enable the mod_headers in Apache by entering the following command in shell.
Setting you a web development environment in Windows is a big heahache. Here is a list of all on one WAMP packages.
If you find these 2 errors in the error log.
- …file_get_contents() [function.file-get-contents]: http:// wrapper is disabled in the server configuration by allow_url_fopen=0 in…
- …failed to open stream: no suitable wrapper could be found in…
Edit the php.ini and enable the following 2 settings.
allow_url_fopen = On
allow_url_include = On
Restart Apache and they should be fixed.
HTTP Authentication is the easiest way to prevent anonymous user access to your website. If you are on Apache, you can refer to the following post.
.htaccess – Setting Password For Your Web Folder
After you have created the password file, you could add the following line in the .htaccess or in the Apache VirtualHost.
Previous: MariaDB – Installation on Ubuntu Precise
1. Install phpMyAdmin.
- apt-get install phpmyadmin
2. Select neither Apache nor Lighttpd for the web server selection as we want to run it in Nginx.
3. And say NO for the Configure database for phpmyadmin with dbconfig-common?
I have heard Nginx for several years and finally i got the motive to start playing with it. Here the steps to install Nginx on Ubuntu 12.04.01 LTS server (Ubuntu Precise).
1. Update the repositories with the root privilege.