Previously i got my GnuPG ready in Mac. Now i need to setup the s3cmd.
Mac – GnuPG Installation
1. Download the s3cmd package @ S3 tools – Download
2. Extract the archive
- tar zxf s3cmd-1.0.1.tar.gz
3. Move to the extracted folder and run the following command to configure the s3cmd
- ./s3cmd –configure
4. You will need to enter the following information
- S3 Access Key
- S3 Secret Key
- Encryption password
- Path to GPG program
5. You could check the path of the gpg command by
- which gpg
In my case, the path is /usr/local/bin/gpg
6. Save the setting if everything works fine.
Success. Your access key and secret key worked fine :-) Now verifying that encryption works... Success. Encryption and decryption worked fine :-) Save settings? [y/N] y Configuration saved to '/Users/kit/.s3cfg'
That’s all. For Debian Linux like Ubuntu, you can install it by apt-get install s3cmd. The gpg path would probably be /usr/bin/gpg.
Apart from the s3cmd, there is another S3 command line tool called Bucket Explorer as suggested by Kirti. You can try that too. =)