In Android application development, there is a strings.xml which centralizes all the text values of the application. In order to localize your application by the phone locale, we can simply create different strings.xml as depicted in the following picture.
1. If the phone locale is NOT with language code zh, then
- /values/strings.xml will be shown
2. If the phone locale is with language code zh but DOES NOT belong to CN/TW region, then
- /values-zh/strings.xml will be shown
3. If the phone locale is zh-TW, then
- /values-zh-rTW/strings.xml will be shown
4. If the phone locale is zh-CN, then
- /values-zh-rCN/strings.xml will be shown
Please note that you only nehttp://ykyuen.wordpress.com/wp-admin/post.php?action=edit&post=843ed to copy the text values which u want to localize to those /values-XX/strings.xml. If the string is not found, then it will show the value in the default strings.xml inside the /values folder.
In addition, localization of /drawable and /layout can be done by creating the corresponding folders such as /drawable-zh-rTW and /layout-zh-rTW.